Sexual Abuse

If someone is touching you in a sexual way and you are not sure how you feel about itů

If you are being touched by a family member, adult friend or someone else, and it makes you uncomfortable, unhappy, or confusedů

You may be the victim of sexual abuse.

It is not your fault. You don't have to keep this a secret anymore. If this is happening or has happened in the past, it is important to tell someone who will listen and believe you. You may have mixed feelings about the other person involved and about telling someone. Talking with someone can help you sort out your feelings and find ways to begin to help yourself.

To officially report sexual abuse by a parent or guardian, call New York State Child Abuse Hotline, (800)342-3720.

The following organizations will provide information and/or assistance (click on the agency's name for more information):

Family Counseling Service of the Finger Lakes
(315)789-2613 or (877)789-2613 toll free
Individual counseling, family counseling, play therapy, sexual abuse assessment and treatment, Hispanic youth groups.

(800)310-1160 or TDD: (585)275-2700
Lifeline provides a variety of support and referral services including access to other agencies.

Ontario County Department of Social Services
(585)396-4060 or (877)814-6907 toll free
The agency's services are geared toward families and include financial assistance and family and children services including child protective, foster care and preventative services.

Planned Parenthood of the Rochester/Syracuse Region
Sexually transmitted disease testing for men and women; birth control; counseling; pregnancy tests, women's reproductive health.

Rape and Abuse Crisis Service of the Finger Lakes
(315)781-1093 or Hotline: (800)247-7273
The agency provides a 24-hour hotline, crisis intervention, counseling, medical and legal assistance for people involved in rape or abuse.

Child Abuse Hotline
This is the official state Child Abuse Hotline.

  Home       Teens       Parents       Children       Search